The Amelia Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

welcome to the shithole, neighbor! [remy]

Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Female Age : 33
    Daemon Name : Vex
    Eilemaiden : Earalas

welcome to the shithole, neighbor! [remy] - Page 2 Empty Re: welcome to the shithole, neighbor! [remy]

Post by Remy Monroe Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:16 pm

Remy nodded, putting the vase back down. "I am Earalas, actually...You should sell these." She turned back around to face Lincoln. "I think if you set up a shop in the square you'd sell a lot of them."

She like everything that Lincoln had made, but the vases were her favorite. "Honestly, I'm in love," she laughed. "You've done a great job."
    Lincoln Weiss
    Lincoln Weiss

Daemon Name : Cedar

welcome to the shithole, neighbor! [remy] - Page 2 Empty Re: welcome to the shithole, neighbor! [remy]

Post by Lincoln Weiss Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:17 am

"I tried a couple times," Linc replied, frowning slightly. "Only sold a few. Blah. They're really not that great." She walked over and picked up the same vase Remy had been admiring. "See, this one is warped here on the side a little...clio notice and don't wanna buy 'em." She shrugged. She didn't expect clio to buy imperfect work. "It's more just a hobby, not something I'm really good at."

"Maybe I can show you how to make glass, and you can let me take some pictures with that camera of yours," she said in one of those 'if you say no I'm joking, but if you say yes I'm serious' sort of voices. "We could become a famous photographer/model team. You looked great in those pictures of you, but no offense to whoever took 'em, they weren't very good at aiming the camera."

Stores and businesses were starting to use pictures of models using their products in order to advertise. Linc could totally see Remy doing something like that for real (she had the look and the attitude for it) even though she was mostly joking about them being a photographer/model team.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Daemon Name : Vex

Post by Remy Monroe Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:42 am

Remy shrugged, turning her attention back to the glass so she wouldn't have to look at Lincoln. "I dunno," she said. "I'm actually kind of over the whole picture thing." She wished Lincoln never would have come across the pictures. And she hated to admit it to herself, but when Lincoln panned Hadley's photos, she'd felt almost defensive. Those pictures were her favorite, focused correctly or not. Not that they should be. Not that... and this was why she was done with the camera. It made her feel too many conflicting emotions.

"Are you hungry?" she asked, trying to change the subject. "I was thinking of picking up something for dinner. My brother should be home soon."
    Lincoln Weiss
    Lincoln Weiss

Daemon Name : Cedar

Post by Lincoln Weiss Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:03 am

The light-hearted smile slid off Linc's face when Remy turned away, clearly not impressed with her joking. "Er, sorry..." she muttered. She had a bad habit of accidentally offending clio, or just otherwise making things awkward. She didn't even know why she did it, since she had even realized earlier that the pictures were a sore spot for Remy. Stupid.

"Oh, uh, food sounds good," she agreed, sort of glad Remy was just changing the subject. "I have some cash around here somewhere..."

She went and dug through a few of her pants pockets until she scrapped together enough to get some takeout, and her and Remy headed out. They chatted some more on the way, with Linc making a conscious effort not to bring up those pictures anymore. All in all she was pretty happy with her new neighbor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:58 am