The Amelia Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

we're doomed ;; ekavi

Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Female Age : 33
    Daemon Name : Hamilton
    Eilemaiden : Adhbhar

we're doomed ;; ekavi Empty we're doomed ;; ekavi

Post by Arizona Samples Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:30 am

Several days had passed since Kavi had been left on Arizona's doorstep, broken, bloody, and unconscious. Several days had passed since Kavi was rushed to a hospital in Ughdarras, so that the best doctors and healers could tend to his wounds. Several days had passed since Neeva had gone MIA. Several days had passed since Arizona had last stepped foot in Adhbhar, too afraid to leave her brother's side.

She had slept in his room every night, spent every day, sitting with her brother, talking to him, begging him to open his eyes. Right now, she didn't care that she was an overloridian. Right now, Arizona was an older sister.

"Oh Gods Kavi," she whispered, while staring at his sleeping form. "What happened..."

That was probably the hundredth time she had asked him that question, and just like the 99 times before, he gave no answer.

Silent tears rolled down Arizona's cheeks. She sighed shakily then reached out and took his hand into hers.

"Oh Kavi..." she whispered.
    Ekavi Samples (deceased)
    Ekavi Samples (deceased)

Male Age : 28
    Daemon Name : Ribbon

we're doomed ;; ekavi Empty Re: we're doomed ;; ekavi

Post by Ekavi Samples (deceased) Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:06 am

Unlike the previous 99 times, however, Kavi finally responded. His eyes fluttered open, and he gave a feeble squeeze to his sister's hand. It was impossible to speak with a tube down his throat, but he was finally, after many days, awake.

He felt like hell. And that was before he remembered the finger. If there is a phrase that describes feeling in a worse way than "he felt like hell," that's what he felt like, after. He looked helplessly at Arizona, who had realized he was no longer in his comatose state. She looked like she'd been awake for days, and she probably had been. Her eyes were bloodshot and her face was streaked with tears.

A gurgled groaning came from Kavi's throat as he tried desperately to ask about Neeva. If he had the strength he would have ripped the damned tube out, himself. All that mattered was Neeva.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:15 pm

"Kavi!" Arizona gasped quietly. She wasn't sure whether to cry, laugh, cheer, or all of the above. But first she needed to find someone to take that horrible tube out of his throat.

"H-hang on," she stammered. "Don't do a thing."

Arizona hopped out of the chair she had been sitting in, to go fetch a nurse. A few minutes later she came back with a nurse in tow, who then proceeded to take Kavi's vitals and finally remove the tube from his throat. By the end of it, Arizona was sitting at the edge of her seat, anxious to hear what happened to her poor brother, but also afraid to hear what he had to say.
    Ekavi Samples (deceased)
    Ekavi Samples (deceased)

Post by Ekavi Samples (deceased) Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:25 pm

"Neeva," Kavi said, his voice hoarse and weak. "Where...where is Neeva?" It burned his throat to speak, and his ribs ached when he breathed, but he didn't have a choice. Everything was a foggy blur--he had no idea how he had ended up here, in a hospital room. The last thing he remembered was screaming Neeva's name in Deilig as he stared at her finger.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Arizona knew Neeva would have been the first thing Kavi would have asked about. Her stomach flipped and she tried to swallow the lump in her throat. How was she going to tell her brother that the love of his life was missing?

"I-I don't know Kavi," she answered sadly. "I've sent search teams all over Amelia to find her...and she's still missing."

She felt totally defeated and useless. How could she had gone on blissfully unaware of what was happening to one of her closest friends and her only brother? A bubble of irritation popped up out of nowhere. She was with Joel all night the night before Kavi was dumped off. Deep down she knew she shouldn't have blamed Joel, but she needed someone to blame at this point.
    Ekavi Samples (deceased)
    Ekavi Samples (deceased)

Post by Ekavi Samples (deceased) Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Kavi's eyes fluttered. He knew then what he had truly known all along. Neeva was gone. He couldn't find the words to tell Arizona. Didn't have the strength to say it out loud. It was as if a thousand pounds had been added to his broken body.

"Ari, I did something horrible," he rasped quietly.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:01 pm

As soon as he spoke again, Arizona pursed her lips. What could he have done that was so horrible? So bad that he got himself so messed up like this? So many different thoughts were going through her head. None of them were prepared for what he was going to say though.

"What is it, Kavi?" She prompted gently. She reached out for his hand again, this time to comfort him, so he knew she'd be there for him, no matter what.
    Ekavi Samples (deceased)
    Ekavi Samples (deceased)

Post by Ekavi Samples (deceased) Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:09 pm

He thought about the horrible events that had led him to this bed. "Kole killed Neeva," he said, squeezing his eyes shut so he wouldn't have to look at his sister. "He killed her, and I gave him the star piece. Ari, Deilig has Adhbhar's star piece." His voice was weak, and he had a cold, empty feeling inside his chest.

All of this was his fault.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:42 pm

Nothing had prepared Arizona for that answer. She sat there as still as stone, unsure of how to respond. Her mind was blank, and quite possibly, her heart had stopped. She stared at her brother for what seemed like forever then suddenly started dry heaving. She grabbed the closest garbage can and threw up what little she had inside of her stomach. When she was finally able to regain her composure, she stared at her brother with tears in her eyes.

"Oh Kavi," she whispered. "Please tell me it's not true..."
    Ekavi Samples (deceased)
    Ekavi Samples (deceased)

Post by Ekavi Samples (deceased) Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:48 pm

It was a strange thing, wanting to console your sister while knowing you were the one that had upset her in the first place. Kavi felt his body getting weaker, and knew there wasn't much time left to talk with her. Everything she was going through, everything she would go through in the time to come...it was all because of him. His vibrant older sister, his best friend, would forever remember him as the one who had single handedly destroyed her eilemaiden. She'd trusted him as her adviser, and he had let her down.

Let her down like he had let Neeva down. The two clio he loved most in the world were both lost to him, each in their own way, and it was all because of his own actions.

"I'm so sorry, Ari," he choked, sputtering out a cough. Blood came with it, but Kavi didn't spare the energy it would take to wipe it from his lips. "I love you, and I'm so sorry."
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:23 pm

Ari, Hamilton said weakly. There isn't much time.

Her daemon was right. Arizona didn't want to admit it, but her brother was dying right before her very eyes. She was about to lose everything all in an hours time.

"Kavi," she whimpered. "Kavi please hold on." She stood so that she could lean over her brother closer, and ran a hand through his hair to comfort him. "I love you so much," she told him. "It's okay, it's okay." She kissed her brother on his forehead, and smiled weakly at him. Tears were streaming freely down her cheeks. "Remember when mama was still alive?" She asked. "I was ten and you were probably six, and I talked you into exploring the woods near the mountains with me?" She laughed a watery laugh, then sniffled. "We got lost," she paused to take in a few gasping breaths. "When mama and daddy finally found us, mama was so relieved she wasn't even mad." She squeezed her brother's hand. "Please don't leave me Kavi," she whimpered. "Please...I need you."

She buried her face into his shoulder and sobbed heavily into it.
    Ekavi Samples (deceased)
    Ekavi Samples (deceased)

Post by Ekavi Samples (deceased) Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:35 pm

The story gave Kavi a brief smile. Arizona was sobbing freely, her face pressed into Kavi's shoulder. All he wanted to do was tell her it would be alright, but he knew it wouldn't. There was nothing he could do. There was nothing to fix what he had broken, and making empty promises wouldn't help anyone, so he just let her cry.

"I know I've been rough on you," he said softly, a single tear sliding down his cheek, "but you're an amazing leader." He coughed again and struggled to regain composure. "I'm...to...blame for...Adhbhar's...trouble...and...you're going...going to get them out," he told her, taking long pauses in between words. He had to believe that Arizona would fix what he had shattered. He had to believe that things would be okay, even though he wouldn't be around to see it.

"I love you," he told her, softer yet than any of the other words he had spoken. His eyes fluttered shut and he relished Arizona's hair brushing against his cheek. He didn't know what was coming next, but he was infinitely thankful that his sister was here with him.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:06 am

Arizona didn't realize that her brother had passed until she lifted her head from his shoulder. Although there was blood on his chin, he looked so peaceful. She knew he was gone, but she couldn't control the Amelia shattering sobs that erupted from her body. She called his name, over and over and didn't stop, even after nurses rushed in to pull her away. Everything was happening in slow motion. Her brother was gone, the only clio that knew her inside and out. Ekavi Samples, was gone.

There was only one clio to blame for this. One evil, horrible, hateful clio, and he was going to pay. This was war now, and Amelia would win.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content