The Amelia Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

whoops! ;; hadley, remy

Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Female Age : 33
    Daemon Name : Vex
    Eilemaiden : Earalas

whoops! ;; hadley, remy - Page 2 Empty Re: whoops! ;; hadley, remy

Post by Remy Monroe Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:50 am

Damn. Why had that been her comeback?

"Well my first thought certainly wouldn't have been you bringing her home out of the niceness of your heart!" she spat.

That was better. That was a Remy comeback. That was good.

"So what else was I supposed to think? Sorry that I didn't jump to 'Oh, Hadley must have helped her home and given her a place to stay'. Things like that aren't usually on my radar unless you would be getting something out of it."
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Male Age : 30
    Daemon Name : Nila

Post by Hadley Sterling Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:00 am

Hadley stared at her for a moment. "That's kinda funny, Rem," he said finally, calm as could be. It wasn't as though her opinion of him was exactly unwarranted, and he didn't care what she thought anyways, but he still found it surprising that she'd think he took advantage of a drunk woman before she'd think he helped her out for no reason. He did good things on whims occasionally. Like hire her. "I helped you out of the 'niceness of my heart.' And I don't remember ever trying to get in your pants."

Wait...was that it? It couldn't be. Was this jealousy? From Remy?
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:07 am

Okay, so maybe she'd been a little cold.

A little? Vex asked. He'd crawled far enough away so that Remy couldn't hurt him again. I can practically see my breath!

But reminding her about her helpless past wasn't exactly playing nice, either. Thinking about begging Hadley for a job made the warmness return to her ears.

"I didn't mean it," she told him, sounding a little ashamed. Which she was, for more than one reason. "I was just surprised. It took me off guard."
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:12 am

Hadley ignored her sort-of-apology and decided to just be blunt. "Were you jealous?" he asked, watching her face closely to gauge her reaction. He was sure she'd deny it either way, but he could usually tell when she was lying or not. This was...very interesting, to say the least. The thought of Remy being jealous of him with another woman was strange and almost hard to believe, but also fascinating at the same time.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:16 am

"Jealous?" Remy said, taken aback. "Of who? Arizona?" She forced a laugh. What the hell was going on here? "You can't be serious, Hadley."

You're jealous and he knows it.

"I was caught off guard, I already told you."

She was not jealous. She wasn't. Absolutely not.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:26 am

She was jealous and he knew it.

Hadley grinned and sat back in his chair. "Whatever you say," he said in a tone that made it very clear he didn't believe a word of what she just said. He decided that this shocking revelation was cause for some merciless teasing. "Poor, poor Remy. I can only imagine your distress at the thought of another woman in my arms. If only you had told me your feelings sooner! It could have been you! No wonder you got so upset."
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:38 am

Remy's face went through a million emotions (many of them looking something like fear and embarrassment, or a combination of the two) before finally settling on anger. "Oh, please!" she exclaimed. "As if I have ever wanted to sleep with you."

That, at least, was true. Never once had Remy pictured herself with Hadley. So where was all this coming from?

She wanted to smack that stupid smirk right off his face. What an asshole. What an arrogant asshole.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:44 am

"You sure don't want other clio to sleep with me, it seems," Hadley replied, still smiling. The looks of fear, embarrassment and finally anger on Remy's face told him he was right. This was just so much fun. What a great day this was turning out to be. "Well, luckily for you that won't be an issue, so you can rest easy knowing that that mental image you had of me and Arizona will never come true."
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:00 pm

"I wouldn't care even if you did sleep with her!" Remy said indignantly. "I just didn't want her to be drunk while you were doing it!"

More than anything Remy wished she could go back and erase the last ten minutes of her life.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:07 pm

"Yeah, okay," Hadley said with a laugh, shaking his head. "You're such a bad liar when you're flustered, you know." One of the keys to a good lie was keeping one's emotions under control, after all. Something Remy wasn't handling very well at the moment. Which was funny, it was such a minor thing to get upset about. "Why is this getting to you so much, anyways?"

Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:32 pm

"Just forget it," Remy snapped. This was going nowhere. Except to Hadley's head.

"I'm not talking about this anymore," she told him. She picked up her cooling coffee and laid her hand over it to heat it up. "You've made your point."

Gods this was one of the worst mornings of her life.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:37 pm

"Fine," Hadley replied, stretching his arms and standing up out of his chair. "I have some work to do anyways. And don't freak out if my office door is closed, it doesn't mean I have a girl in there or anything."

He walked out of the kitchen, overall pretty satisfied with how this morning had turned out. "Have a lovely day, Remy!" he called back before exiting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm